Robwin

Nina and Kira Fan Page

Dear Nina and Kira.

Please don't take this as someone butting in to your lives, or giving advice that isn't wanted or asked for, but there is something i've noticed for a while, and as i have a lot of  experience with this, i would like to offer my opinion which can be beneficial to you in the choice you have made. It can improve things there.

It's your electric guitar.

Playing an Ibanez is wrong for you. While the neck is more slimline which helps if you have smaller hands, the width is quite wide. They are more for soloing, not rhythm playing. And, the necks are also very flat, which means that if you aren't careful, on certain chords you can leave strings open which shouldn't be open, and therefore sound wrong. May i suggest changing over to a Squier - The radius is rounder, better for chords (and your thumbs), and the neck is also fairly slim, meaning you will feel more comfortable playing. And the pickups on the Ibanez are quite dirty sounding (as most Humbuckers are). Single coils are cleaner, especially the neck pickup. 

Trust me, i bet you will feel better with a change.

I humbly offer this advice.

FINALLY! A sensible and logical post!!  Something I can relate to!  Thank you, sir.  And I agree, as someone who has picked a few strings in my day, I agree with your assessments.  Ibanez - while an exceptional quality product of musical instruments (particularly bass) - they do require a bit of a learning curve.  I own two Fenders, an Affinity strat and a vintage Telecaster.  Also a Gibson blood SG, a variety of custom Carvins, two Rickenbackers (including a 360 Mapleglo), among other various flattops.  I also have a Steinberger Spirit XT headless bass.  Every single one of them have their own particular taste to how we play them.  ;-)  Good to see other musicians here, commenting on our obviously very talented residents!  

Personally, in my opinion, while Kira plays the guitar well, and the piano well, she EXCELS behind the drum set.  Percussion is her natural habitat.  I would give my left nut to see what Kira could do behind a REAL drum rig, like a Pearl or DW.  I swear she could pound down the walls.  

Kira has great rhythm, which you can see quite easy on the drums. And she plays good guitar anyway, but what i noticed is that she has clearly played for a long time. There is a natural feel to her play. Nina is getting there, but Kira is a natural musician - And whilst we are here, Doe plays superb piano. And being very, very muso - When playing one night, she played a G major upside down, i.e her thumb on the low E and the fore finger on the light E, just like Pete Townshend! You can always tell a player the way they grab the neck before even playing. Shes does it right - Nina still at the moment is moving her hand away rather than towards the back of the neck, what every player does at the start.

An Affinity is perfect for them both, and of course easy to pick up anywhere. SGs do have a thinner neck than say a Les Paul, so that would be ok i guess, but it must have P90s! She should play a full kit with a double kick pedal - Imagine the noise from that when she's pissed off!!

And you have a 360 Mapleglo? Not jealous at all.... homer drool GIF

(I once got to played a 12 string Ric and found it so easy, unlike every other 12!)

On 11/8/2018 at 6:22 AM, Pleasant said:

Kira has great rhythm, which you can see quite easy on the drums. And she plays good guitar anyway, but what i noticed is that she has clearly played for a long time. There is a natural feel to her play. Nina is getting there, but Kira is a natural musician - And whilst we are here, Doe plays superb piano. And being very, very muso - When playing one night, she played a G major upside down, i.e her thumb on the low E and the fore finger on the light E, just like Pete Townshend! You can always tell a player the way they grab the neck before even playing. Shes does it right - Nina still at the moment is moving her hand away rather than towards the back of the neck, what every player does at the start.

Nina is a singer. She doesn't often play instruments. Unless she is writing a new melody for her music. By the way, they are all very talented :)

Sorry english

Today/Tonight...looks like Nina and Kira has friends over, another female couple.....maybe or I hope they could talk them into trying to get an apartment with RLC...."it wouldn't hurt to have another lesbian couple on board.8)

1 hour ago, RUBBERMAN said:

Today/Tonight...looks like Nina and Kira has friends over, another female couple.....maybe or I hope they could talk them into trying to get an apartment with RLC...."it wouldn't hurt to have another lesbian couple on board.8)

The blonde is one of their long time friends, has been there a lot in the past. Looks like she now has a new GF. And yes, another real couple wouldn't be bad.

57 minutes ago, Pleasant said:

The blonde is one of their long time friends, has been there a lot in the past. Looks like she now has a new GF. And yes, another real couple wouldn't be bad.

Yes...I do remember her back in the pass.....when they almost had a threesome and Kira got jealous because she was always there when she got home from work.8)

That was the time when there was always someone on the sofa (sometimes more than one), which began a period of awkward atmosphere in the place. As soon as they cut back on the guests, it righted itself.

Yes, the blonde has been there quite a few times, once or twice with Doe, but I don't think she has any relation to the band.  I've also seen the black haired girl in the apt before a few times, only by herself.  Both are very cute, and the blonde has a very nice body style.  Very nice that they hooked up together, perhaps N&K played matchmaker?  

Possibly, but Kira did look quite bored before when they were talking to N&K, like when one in a couple says "So, tell us how did you 2 meet?" and the other just rolls their eyes in anticipation of a long drawn out story!

Not sure if i've seen the other one or not. As well as Blonde, there used to be the bowl-haired smallish one, the quite chunky female who stayed on the sofa with Doe a few times, who in turn started dating a very shy tall long haired woman. And of course the older gingery haired bespectacled one, who was more likely a relative.

Interesting analysis!  You know very well that Kira is an introvert, and introspective.  What may seem to appear as boredom to some is actually active listening and many many wheels turning inside her head, processing information, compartmentalizing it, for use later, or not.  She decides.  Kira is definitely a true INTJ, if you believe that stuff.  

No question Nina is our little extrovert, altho I pause to classify her, in case of pissing her off.  :D  That is something no one wants.  

LOL the "quite chunky female" I think is Natalya, she drops by very rarely.  She has watched over Butch and Sundance on occasion.  I think she acts as unofficial photographer for the band.  I have not seen the "older gingery bespectacled" one before LOL.  Have you seen the near-Asian looking one, with the giant buck teeth (I don't mean that to be stereotypic, it is what it is)?  Needless to say, our girls have tons of friends, who love cats.  LOL  

Yes, i have seen her! You know something? I get the impression that all of their friends are good, decent people. I know we only see what we see, but you get a good feeling about it, and i'm guessing that they are all alright to know. Isn't there that old adage about what someone is like by looking who they're friends with? Certainly a lot better than the friends of others in other apartments!!