Jump to content
Admin

Forum Update

Recommended Posts

All, 

I have upgraded the forum software to the latest version. It has some great new features. One of my favorite new features are "Clubs" which are basically groups that can be set to public or private. They essentially enable sub communities within the forum. There are too many new things to list, so feel free to explore, and let me know if you run into any errors or issues. 

Thank You, 

- A 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pleasant said:

I don't wish to come across ungrateful, but i'm finding the forum is taking longer to load, and the text seems to be slightly blurry, like it's a bit out of focus compared to before. Unless it's just me and my comp, but i thought i'd mention it.

I second this. The effort is really appreciated, but the text in the new theme appears to be blurry, and the theme is wider in a full screen window, making the lines in the forum posts a lot longer, and less pleasant to read.

So please forgive me, but I switched back to the old theme with the option at the bottom of the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pleasant said:

I don't wish to come across ungrateful, but i'm finding the forum is taking longer to load, and the text seems to be slightly blurry, like it's a bit out of focus compared to before. Unless it's just me and my comp, but i thought i'd mention it.

I have not noticed any irregularities in the loading time. Some of the Fonts in the greyed areas could likely go to a Darker Font as they seem to almost be close to the same Color which may make it hard to see for some.   I will mention this to Admin and see if the Font Color can be a shade darker which would make it easier to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry members, but I must echo @StnCld316 - I do not experience the anomalies some of you have mentioned.  I am certainly NOT dismissing your observations, I am sure you are experiencing them, I'm just saying the issues don't appear to be across the spectrum, which makes finding a solution to your specific issues a lot harder.  At least there is the option of default to fall back on.  Hang in there, I know Admin will get the kinks worked out eventually.  

And please keep the observations/complaints/suggestions coming.  It's the only way things will improve.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, Pleasant said:

I don't wish to come across ungrateful, but i'm finding the forum is taking longer to load, and the text seems to be slightly blurry, like it's a bit out of focus compared to before. Unless it's just me and my comp, but i thought i'd mention it.

Agree. Taking longer to load and is also slower when you are moving through the topics compared to the default setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Sorry members, but I must echo @StnCld316 - I do not experience the anomalies some of you have mentioned.  I am certainly NOT dismissing your observations, I am sure you are experiencing them, I'm just saying the issues don't appear to be across the spectrum, which makes finding a solution to your specific issues a lot harder.  At least there is the option of default to fall back on.  Hang in there, I know Admin will get the kinks worked out eventually.  

And please keep the observations/complaints/suggestions coming.  It's the only way things will improve.  

 

Just like anything else that gets installed. There are always little things to get ironed out and tuned up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sketch said:

 

Agree. Taking longer to load and is also slower when you are moving through the topics compared to the default setting.

I myself haven't encountered any slowness when loading or browsing through the pages..  I use Internet Explorer but I'll try it with a Couple other Browsers and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I myself haven't encountered any slowness when loading or browsing through the pages..  I use Internet Explorer but I'll try it with a Couple other Browsers and see what happens.

I use Chrome almost exclusively, with no issues.  I also switched over to Edge, and had no probs - to be honest, Edge was a tad bit quicker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:42 AM, Admin said:

All, 

I have upgraded the forum software to the latest version. It has some great new features. One of my favorite new features are "Clubs" which are basically groups that can be set to public or private. They essentially enable sub communities within the forum. There are too many new things to list, so feel free to explore, and let me know if you run into any errors or issues. 

Thank You, 

- A 

Any chance you could make it easier to post pictures and GIFs? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhySoSerious? said:

Was meaning just in general not RLC content.

General Content that is not RLC Related can be uploaded using the Attachment Feature if it's Available.

If the Content is RLC Related then a Third Party Host must be used in Open Forums of RLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

General Content that is not RLC Related can be uploaded using the Attachment Feature if it's Available.

If the Content is RLC Related then a Third Party Host must be used in Open Forums of RLC.

Messaged Scotsman84 and he mentioned Click to choose files, is that just for certain members?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...