RLCF Home Page and Menus
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Since the move to the current software I have been used to the menu's looking like this

 

Page Top.jpg

 

For the last couple of days when I open the page I get this

 

Page Top New.jpg

 

where I found the menus tucked away on the right like this

 

Page New.jpg

 

For the last two days after some time, hours not minutes, for no obvious reason the page reverted to the style I have been used to.

Is this just me or a site change / update ?

If just me why ?

If a site change why the change to hide the menus ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over here, the layout switches to the "hidden menu" view when the windows isn't wide enough to display the full menu. When I widen the window, the menus reappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CowArt said:

Over here, the layout switches to the "hidden menu" view when the windows isn't wide enough to display the full menu. When I widen the window, the menus reappear.

An interesting observation.

Again today after some time and while I was looking elsewhere the menu reverted to the wide style without me touching the browser window size. However when I narrow the window I indeed do get the hidden menu version then when I drag it back to the original size, almost full screen, it changes back to the ' text menu ' style.

If I get the ' narrow style ' at startup again tomorrow I'll narrow then widen the window and report what happens.

Firefox has updated numerous times recently but all was OK after the last update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the last couple of days I am getting the ' text style ' menu again on start up. Maybe I had made my browser window slightly smaller or the side bookmarks menu slightly wider last weekend ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, delta10 said:

For the last couple of days I am getting the ' text style ' menu again on start up. Maybe I had made my browser window slightly smaller or the side bookmarks menu slightly wider last weekend ?

At the bottom of the page in the Left Hand Corner you will see a Tab that shows Theme.  Try using a different Theme and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

At the bottom of the page in the Left Hand Corner you will see a Tab that shows Theme.  Try using a different Theme and see what happens.

Thanks for this suggestion. I've looked at the default theme, which makes RLCF look like Camcaps. I've got used to this one but will try the other again if I loose the text menus again.

StnCld316 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
1 1